Last year I created a summer reading list for myself because there are billions of books that I want to read, and not enough time to read them all. I didn’t do so well on that list. Out of sixteen books, I finished three.
I’m going to narrow my list down to ten in hopes of improving my success.
No, that’s not cheating at all.
The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- Zero Fade by Chris Terry
Short Story Collections
Unexpected Stories by Octavia E. Butler
- Stories of Your Life and Others byTed Chiang
- Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill
- The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-Mi Hwang
- Don’t Let Me Be Lonely: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine
- King Me by Roger Reeves
- Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
- What Poets are Like: Up and Down with the Writing Life by Gary Soto
Do you have any recommendations for me?